Before, during, and after the study, we are here to answer any questions you have to make sure you understand what is involved.Before you join
During the study:
- When you contact us, we can tell you about the research we are doing.
- You may be asked personal questions before coming into the clinic.
- We will give you written information about the study, and you will have a detailed discussion with the clinic staff so that you can make an informed decision about whether you want to join the study or not.
- If you decide to join, you will have a physical exam that includes blood tests to check your health, and testing you for HIV.
After the study:
- Our study requires coming into the clinic for 10+ over 1-2 years.
- Every study involves getting injections or IV infusions. You might get the study product we are researching or you might get a placebo (a “fake” with no active ingredients).
- When you are enrolled in the study, we will ask you to keep track of how you feel for 3-7 days following each IV or shot. The clinic staff will also be in contact with you to ﬁnd out how you’re feeling during this time.
- Follow-up visits will include HIV counseling and testing, and answering questions from the clinic staff.
- We may ask if we can contact you again for another study.
- We will give you information about where you can get HIV testing.
- When the study is complete we will tell you the results.